Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Grave art in rural south GA

There's a lot of different cameras in play here: an Argus Matchmatic 135, a Soligor 45, and the Pentax 645.  I am a huge fan of weird grave art and this past weekend, we found the mecca of all things grave related in Cairo, GA!  It was a bit overwhelming, even by my standards.  Here's a few of the more successful ones.




And, here's some of the more unsuccessful ones.  Just in case you thought I might be overstepping with my description. :)


This is an old graveyard behind a working mill in Whigham, GA.  The blurrier pic is from my Soli - it shows the Slow: Children Playing sign.  But the sign is behind the mill...and in between the graveyard and the train tracks.  I feel badly for these children.


And there were tons of dixie flags (some new, some tattered and faded) in these old, dilapidated, and very remote graveyards.  I recognize that the confederate flag is a part of the south's history - it's a part I'm not sure should be celebrated, but like any flag, I find it interesting as a visual symbol.  Here's the best of the dixie flag pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment